Our diverse group of editors looks for the very best in contemporary writing, and we have created a dynamic process of soliciting and reading new work by local, national, and international writers. We read for previously unpublished poems, translations, and flash-fiction.
We welcome all styles of poems, and look for work which is well-crafted, reflects passion, originality, engagement with contemporary culture, and a love affair with language.
Group your submission in a single, typed document: (Word or PDF only) with your name, phone number, and email on each page. Translations must include a copy of the work in its original language and the translator is responsible for the author’s permission to use his or her material.
Cover letter: Tell us a little bit about you and your publications, and how you heard about RHINO Poetry.
We consider (up to 5 pages total):
- Poetry ( 3-5 poems) - all poems are automatically considered for our Editors' Prize.
- Translations of poetry ( 3-5 poems) Occasionally we award a Translation Prize.
- Flash fiction (500 words or less)
- Founders' Prize (up to 5 poems) September 1 - October 31.
We do not consider:
- More than one submission per reading period
- Work that has been previously published on any website or in any print publication
- Work already planned for publication in a chapbook, book, or elsewhere
- Unsolicited reviews
- Unsolicited interviews